Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Disney Royal Wedding!



I was so pleased when I found out that Disney were hosting a viewing party for the Royal Wedding, INSIDE the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian! I signed up on Twitter as I thought if I can't be home in the UK to watch it then what better place to watch a fairytale wedding come to life!

Coaches picked us up from the Grumpy and Dopey parking lots at the Magic Kingdom from 3:15 AM! Which I think were quite appropriately named considering the time, me and my friend weren't quite sure who was Grumpy and who was Dopey out of us both, maybe a mix of both! ;-)



When we had arrived at the Grand Floridian we saw they had a beautiful display of wedding dresses by different designers with certain princess's in mind. Behind each dress was the concept art for each gown, the pictures don't do them justice, they were stunning!



They also had Cinderella's Coach on display which was actually made by the same coach makers to the British Monarchy "Bennington Carriages".





We were able to help ourselves to quite a large spread of breakfast items before the ceremony began. This consisted of pastries, fruit, coffee, yogurt and my personal favourite, scones with clotted cream and jam! delicious!






Originally we were supposed to be watching the wedding on the beach...



...but as we were wandering around looking for a place to munch our breakfast we were approached by a couple of women working the event that asked if we would like to be inside the Pavilion instead. They mentioned that ABC news crew were going to be in there filming so they wanted some people who looked the part to be in there too, and as I had on a pink fluffy tiara, and England shirt and Union Jack colour beads I guess we stood out as 'looking the part' LOL. We were So thrilled! So they gave us some wristbands and sent us inside.




I had never been inside the Pavilion before, myself and my husband had considered it for our own wedding, but as we were still living in the UK at that time, it wouldn't have been do-able as we wanted our whole family and friends to be in attendance. But after seeing it, I cant say its not on the cards for a vowel renewal ;-)




The event went so well, I even got to see a couple of Twitter friends there which was so lovely to see them in the real world :) The entertainment before and during the ceremony was so much fun too! I embarrassed my friend as when they asked if there was anyone from the UK there I shot my hand up straight away thinking there would be loads of others too...but alas there was not! LOL So as the only two at that time we were then chosen to help sing the British National anthem, which would have been fine in a crowd, but with just 2 it was admittedly a little awkward LOL but still fun none the less.




Shortly after our 1 minute of fame singing, we were approached by the Disney PR team, as they wanted to interview us on camera after about our experience of the day there, as they needed footage for their website but also for their sister station in the UK, as they wanted some footage of how it was celebrated over here. Of course we agreed!



The ceremony was shown on a projection screen, and it was a lot of fun being with that crowd as everyone was really in to it, cheering and crying throughout, it was beautiful to see! After we were all lead out and saw the Fairy Godmother set off the fireworks above the Pavilion.




We managed to catch up to the Disney PR team and were interviewed on camera by Cinderella's carriage, my interview actually got featured on their website!!! See the link below, I am the one after the bride with the pink fluffy tiara on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szZNKmIOoLY&feature=player_embedded




It was such a beautiful event, so well put together and I was so happy to be able to view the wedding in such a magical setting, its a day I will never forget! Thank you Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment