Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Star Wars weekend

Star Wars weekend is an annual event that celebrates the saga at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
I had actually never been before despite being a pass-holder for the last 5 years! So I thought it was about time to go and see what it was all about!




The first thing we did when we got there was to go to Jabba's hut to collect our limited edition pass-holder lanyard. I didn't realize it would be located past The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but we found it eventually. It was actually quite cool as we got to see a side of the Tower Of Terror that we had not personally seen before.





Jabba's hut was a huge tent that contained lots of pins, artwork, collectibles and clothing, and of course the pass-holder lanyards :)




I also found the cuddly Ewoks but as I already have one of these I just took a picture of the mini Chewbacca who I thought was very cute! They also had these cool little trinket boxes with Darth Vader on one side and a Storm Trooper on the reverse!




We were then able to catch that nights performance of Hyperspace Hoopla, which was a mix of comedy and dancing that took place on a stage by the hat. Not being a huge fan of Star Wars I wasn't sure I would enjoy the show, but it turns out you didn't have to be, as it was amazing! It was so funny to watch and I loved the dance numbers, ESPECIALLY when i saw Ewoks come out to dance!



Darth Vader's rendition of Cee-Lo's "Forget You" was certainly one not to miss!




I loved the fireworks in-between sets too, yet never seemed able to quite capture them on my phone!




After the Hoopla (any chance I can get to use that word again!) we headed over to the newly renovated Star Tours ride, but as you can imagine, so did everyone else! So although the time still stated 20 minutes, I was pretty sure a line going right out the door was slightly longer, especially as so many Fast Pass holders were going in also. So we skipped it for now.



Although we weren't there very long, I really enjoyed it, and I'm so glad I now know what its all about and that you don't have to be a huge Star Wars fanatic to have a good time there!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time, nice pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Toyin! Was a fun night! Thank you for reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am geek, but I NEVER went to Star Wars weekend. I am always so busy that I never have time for myself. Great article !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I had never been either so figured it was time. I'm glad I could share it with you then :) thanks Chris!

    ReplyDelete