Monday, June 27, 2011

Grand Floridian Tea Room



Last week I finally got to try out the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian! We went as a girl's brunch for my friends birthday as none of us had ever been before, despite hearing lots about it! Our booking was for 3pm so we decided to browse round the hotel while we waited, which is always a good idea as its such a beautiful hotel at the high end of Disney's many properties.


I just love the main foyer in this hotel, the chandeliers are stunning, and the human size bird cage is so pretty! Shame they don't let you in it really LOL! If you are ever in the area around Christmas you have to come visit this hotel, as they have an amazing tree in the middle, and a life size ginger bread house to visit! You can smell it as soon as you walk into the hotel! But Summer here is just as gorgeous, especially outside!


Everywhere you look are stunning gardens and beautiful buildings, the grounds are amazing here!


I could spend ages just on the beach here, and in fact last Christmas me and my friend did spend ages there on this very hammock, just being silly and taking funny pictures! Much to the amusement of the passing staff members I'm sure LOL!


After we had walked around and worked up an appetite we went back inside to eat. I had tried to search online what the menu items would be, and had found a few different versions, but when we got there the price had gone up by about $5 on the items I found and the options were different. So obviously they were old menus I had seen, but at least I had a general idea.


The tea room is very quaint and I can see why you would have to book in busy times as its not very big, which gives it a more personal feeling.


We all decided to opt for the Buckingham Tea, which consisted of choice of tea, sandwiches, mini tarts , scones with clotted cream and jam (YES!) pastries and or Strawberries w/cream. The sandwiches are TINY LOL but were very tasty, with the crusts cut off of course!


We all tried a different tea but the best by far was the Princess Tea!!! I heard it was the most popular but the rebel in me ordered something different, and of course, I regretted it! It was really tasty!!! I also loved the china and the tea cosy!!


The scone was really good, with white raisins (insert fancy name that I'm sure they have LOL) and I loved the mini jam pot, mini stuff is always just adorable!


The dessert stand looked so cute I just had to take a picture of him holding it! They had chocolate covered strawberries, fruit tarts, chocolate eclairs and mango mouse swans!


The swans looked so cute you didn't want to eat them....but we did, we got over it! Everything tasted so yummy, even the strawberries and cream were really good!


Even though everything looked like small portions, by the time you get to dessert you feel SO full, I think its due to all the tea you drink at the same time LOL! Was wondering if they did refills but it turned out that it didn't matter as we were all far too full to want any more!

I didn't order the trifle but snuck a picture of it on the way out, it looked yummy except the American version has jam instead of jelly.

After the meal you all get brought a beautiful pink rose to take home, so cute!


All in all it was such a lovely afternoon, the food was great, the tea was great and the tea room was gorgeous!!! It was tasty, filling, and perfect for a celebration! (Or just a treat!) I would certainly recommend it, it was also great for me being a vegetarian, very tasty options! Im not sure how a guy would enjoy it, I'm sure they would as the food is that good, but it certainly felt more of a girly treat day :)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool ! Tea Rooms are very common in Europe, but no stateside. Looks like you had a great time ! = Chris S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot tell you how awesome afternoon tea is. It all looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the excellent info! I want to take my sister and 2 girlfriends there and this was what I needed to know!

    ReplyDelete